Wednesday 16 July 2014

King's Brunch



It was over the weekend on a Saturday, my Stephenie had told me to clear off my schedule on that day, because she is bringing me to a new place near her office. 

So we left home and headed to Jalan Ampang, very quickly we got ourselves a parking and found ourselves at the entrance of ACME Bar & Coffee (You may get the address at the bottom of this post). It's a nice and warm place, decoration is really special, well-lit, and waiters were all friendly. 


I ordered King of Breakfast - Grilled minute steak with confit of portobello mushroom. organic eggs, sucrine lettuce, and fries.Whereas, Stephanie ordered Baked Egg Pan - Medley of red peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, shredded smokers duck tomato olive sauce, organic eggs and garlic toast.

So my food came and and I got the shock of my life, two giant mushroom on my plate. Anyhow, it was well cooked as in tender in texture, and it really gives me the taste of portobello as soon as I put in my mouth. The steak was definitely the highlight of the dish, I'm not sure which part of the steak are from, but, it was the best steak I have ever tasted. 


Stephanie's dish was awesome too, except the duck, I don't really like duck, so I tested the garlic toast with some baked egg.

All in all, it is something different from any of those brunch restaurants like 3 Little Pigs, or Antipodean and such. Worth a try especially when going in group, because they have lots of big tables, but not a lot of tables for 2. We had to share a table of 6 with 2 other couples. By the way, saw someone order a dessert, chocolate brownie or something like that, on a hot pan, and the waiter will pour a shot of chocolate onto the brownie, so imagine the when the chocolate touches the hot pan and smokes will be seen and it creates a lot of attention. Not sure what is that, but I would definitely want to try it out. 

Oh, I almost forgot about our coffee. No fancy coffee art, but, my cappuccino is so much better than Coffee Bean's or Starbucks. I have not try out any of the cappuccino in other coffee house, because usually I will have espresso or long black. One more thing to shout out is, I have been asking Stephanie why other places do not give biscotti? and I got my biscotti here, which is nice.



The day ended with a shot by the sea and sunset, but we were kinda late for sunset, by the time we arrived at the seaside, sun have already set.



ACME Bar & Coffee Address :
Unit G1 The Troika
19, Persiaran KLCC
50450 KL.



No comments: