Wednesday 14 May 2014

A Night Out



I believe it has been there, but I just never noticed. Coffee Societe, situated in Publika, Solaris Dutamas, a nice and cozy place to just chill out. The shop is filled with authentic decorative items, wooden tables and chairs, warm lights and many others, it just makes you feel like home as soon as you step into the shop.

The bar, check out the red velvet cake over there on the left
Some of the decoration they have in the shop

I was there yesterday night (13052014) with my Stephanie, by the way, they close at 11pm. I got there by 1015pm, just like the usual, check out the menu, but the Red Velvet cake caught my eyes. Stephanie didn't want the cake, instead the cake was so tempting to me. So I ordered a short black espresso, the problem with me is, I tend to not being able to sleep at night if I have coffee any time pass 8pm. The last time we had coffee in Coffea Coffee, we both didn't sleep for that night, we were like a zombie the next day. So, this time I got myself a short black, keeping my fingers crossed that I can sleep when I get home.

My short black
Meanwhile, Stephanie got something "special", to me, it was my first time hearing such drink : Picolo Latte. Smooth, silky, nice foam, but the art seems pretty normal. Probably its nearing to their closing hours, so the coffee art was a simple and presentable one. Somehow, this Picolo Latte blended nicely into my taste bud, honestly, I quite like it even though I am not really a big fan of latte, but mocha latte yes.

Picolo Latte and its simple art

I did order a slice of the red velvet. Now, Stephanie has been a fan of red velvet, because she likes it, I have been bringing her around tasting different red velvet. Usually she can't finish all by her own, so I will help out by eating some of the cake. With this, somehow 1. Hunting red velvet cake has become a habit. 2. Red velvet cake is now one of my cakes that I want to eat (but it will never top my marble cheese cake). After taking the first bite, we both have to agree, it is so far in our 2 years of hunting red velvet cake, this is the best. Yes, the best we have ever tasted : soft, moist, well balanced sweetness and cheese in and all around the cake. I took a sip of my short black, and a bite of the cake...oh my....heavenly!

Tell me the cake isn't tempting at all


Go check it out, go Coffee Societe, check out their menu, have a break or just chill out, try their cake, let me know if they have better cakes, aye? Only one thing I'm quite disappointed, they close at 11pm, I wished I had another hour or so in the shop, but all patrons have left and the workers were tidying the shop, so, we pack our bags and left too.

Stephanie say we are lack of selfie...

No comments: