Friday 13 June 2014

Law VS. Law



Today, something crossed my mind which I have no understanding at it at all. I was at the traffic light earlier today, there were about three cars ahead of me. Then I heard from far there was a siren blaring, so I checked my mirrors and saw there was a police truck, I don't know what is it called exactly, but those were used to carry criminals in the back cage like truck. There was only siren, the revolving lights on the car roof was not working. The traffic light was still red, it was impossible for any of the motorist to make way. At this point, cars next to me began to honk, and needless to say, the cars in front began to move forward risking their lives to make way for this, police truck. When finally all the cars from the opposite cleared, the light were still green on their side and red on our side. These motorist began to "jump" the red lights just so this police truck can cross. 

My million dollar question is, do people risk their lives for these jumping the red lights? or what if the traffic light is AES monitored or camera monitored in order to capture those who jump red lights? I mean, generally, let's put all other official vehicles or emergency vehicles, like the Ambulance? Fire truck, patrol police, or this, the police truck. 1. Do people risk their lives? 2. Do people need to pay the compound if caught "jumping" the red lights. 

Just curious, I'm open for feedback. 

This is the truck I was talking about.
Photo courtesy of : http://kgsilou.blogspot.com/2013_03_01_archive.html

2 comments:

Anep said...

maybe there are on the rush for court or perhaps a high profile criminal..but that just my assumption tu ease my mind every time stuck in that situation..because some bad feeling that cross my mind is they are abusing their power to avoid any traffic jam...no one knows..Btw i've saw a police patrol car abusing it siren and light just to pass a traffic light but close it off once it realize there are one more patrol car on the front..peace!

Unknown said...

Thanks Anep for the comment...Speaking of abusing the authorised power, I once got stuck in Jalan Tun Razak jam during peak hours. Then came this DBKL vehicle driving like a crazy man with siren and revolving lights on. I was like "what sort of emergency that DBKL is rushing to?"